Beginning Sunday, Budweiser sales to benefit military families
Budweiser has announced that beginning Sunday, every case of Bud sold from May 5 to July 4, the brand will make a donation up to $1 million to the Folds of Honor Foundation.
The Anheuser-Busch Foundation is donating an additional $500,000 to kick off the program, making it possible for a total of $1.5 million for Folds of Honor.
- Budweiser’s limited-edition red, white and blue packaging. This year’s patriotic packaging will start appearing in stores later this month and will be available in 12 oz bottles and a variety of can sizes (12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz). The patriotic theme continues on secondary packaging for all of the top-selling configurations, including 6-packs, 12-packs, 24-packs and other popular sizes.
- A unique bowtie-shaped can (available in a new, not-previously-offered 8 pack) that will be available on May 6.
Budweiser says this is one component in a series of activations Budweiser has in store for its 2013 “red, white and blue summer” initiative.
As part of this program, the Budweiser Clydesdales will visit military bases across the United States during a series of barbecues to celebrate the men and women in the U.S. armed forces.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom