Traffic: Crews plan lane closures on Effingham for sewer connections, asphalt repair
Portsmouth, Va. – Starting this week, crews in Portsmouth will close the Northbound lanes of Effingham Street at County Street for the Downtown Water and Sewer Rehabilitation Project.
The lanes will be closed for two consecutive weekends starting Friday, May 3rd at 9 p.m. until Monday, May 6 at 2 a.m.
They will then close again Friday, May 10th at 9 p.m. and will finally re-open Monday, May 13th at 2 a.m.
Crews will reroute traffic from South Street to Court Street during the closures.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'