Newport News mother, boyfriend accused of physically abusing 3 children
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News mother and her boyfriend have been arrested after police say they physically abused her three children.
Last month, the three children were removed from the home on Manor Road after police found them locked inside of their bedrooms without access to food, water or bathrooms while their mother was at work. Officers had to use a ladder to get to the children.
Neighbors told NewsChannel 3 that one of the kids tried to jump out of the window.
The children are now with relatives.
After this incident, police started to investigate further.
The children’s mother, Genavea Eldreen Blake-Pittman, 25, is charged with 3 counts of cruelty and injury to a child.
Steven Fuquan Easterling has also been charged with 3 counts of cruelty and injury to a child in addition to 3 counts of abuse and neglect. Police say Easterling is not the father of the children.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified