Newport News mother, boyfriend accused of physically abusing 3 children
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News mother and her boyfriend have been arrested after police say they physically abused her three children.
Last month, the three children were removed from the home on Manor Road after police found them locked inside of their bedrooms without access to food, water or bathrooms while their mother was at work. Officers had to use a ladder to get to the children.
Neighbors told NewsChannel 3 that one of the kids tried to jump out of the window.
The children are now with relatives.
After this incident, police started to investigate further.
The children’s mother, Genavea Eldreen Blake-Pittman, 25, is charged with 3 counts of cruelty and injury to a child.
Steven Fuquan Easterling has also been charged with 3 counts of cruelty and injury to a child in addition to 3 counts of abuse and neglect. Police say Easterling is not the father of the children.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach