Chicken Breasts with Artichokes and Mushrooms
2 tsp plus 1T. olive oil
2 ounces prosciutto, cut in thin strips (i used turkey bacon)
1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into serving pieces or butterflied
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 6-ounce package button or baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
1 T snipped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried tarragon), plus more for garnish (optional)
2 T all-purpose flour
*14 ounces chicken broth
1 T white balsamic vinegar
1. In large skillet, cook prosciutto/bacon in the 2 tsp hot oil over medium-high heat 2 minutes, or until crisp. Remove; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, cook in same skillet 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, turning once. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside. The Chicken will impart some juices, and you want to catch these to add to the skillet later.
2. Add remaining olive oil and artichokes to skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes, until golden brown; transfer to the bowl with the chicken. Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they are slightly browned, but before they release their moisture. Stir in garlic and tarragon; cook 1 minute.
3. In a second bowl, or in a large measuring cup, whisk together flour, broth (wine) and vinegar until smooth. remove skillet from heat and add broth mixture, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Add chicken, juices, and artichokes, return to heat and simmer, covered, until the sauce thickens a bit.
4. Top with prosciutto and tarragon, plate and spoon sauce over. Serves 4 to 6
* I used a blend of chicken broth and white wine; I used about 10 ounces of broth and 4 ounces of white wine; this gives a really nice flavor to the dish
- Newport News mom charged with child neglect after 1-year-old son found in car
- Update: VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition released on bond
- Navy releases two animated videos on dangers of spice, bath salts
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's