Natural gas leak repaired at Virginia Beach Town Center
UPDATE: Crews have repaired the gas leak as of 4:44 p.m. Tuesday afternoon. Virginia Natural Gas crews are still working to clear the scene. Columbus Street is now opening back up to traffic.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Crews repaired a natural gas leak at Virginia Beach Town Center on Tuesday, according to Amy Valdez of Virginia Beach Fire and Rescue.
Crews determined that a construction crew hit a 4-inch gas main under the sidewalk/road.
The gas leak was in the 100 block of Town Center Drive.
Roads were blocked in all directions into Town Center.
Two businesses nearby were evacuated as a precaution.
No injuries were reported.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket