Family loses two dogs in house fire
Suffolk, Va. – Two dogs died in a Suffolk house fire Sunday afternoon.
Fire units responded to the house on Kings Fork Road near Archers Mill Road around 3:00 p.m.
Officials say the fire originated inside the garage. The fire was deemed under control at 3:38 p.m.; however, officials say the house was severely damaged.
A family of three is now displaced.
The mother and father who lived there were transported to Sentara Obici Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified