Man wanted for robbing Newport News credit union at gunpoint
Newport News, Va. – Police need help finding a man wanted for robbing a credit union at gunpoint in Newport News last week.
On Thursday, April 11 shortly before 3 p.m., a man entered the Bayport Credit Union on Denbigh Boulevard, approached a teller, produced a handgun, and demanded cash.
The teller complied, giving the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash. The man then ran away from the scene, toward Warwick Boulevard, police say.
The stolen cash contained a hidden dye pack which deployed – police later found the cash in a nearby parking lot.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years old, about 5’4” to 5’6″ tall with a small build, 145-150 pounds. He was wearing a blue denim type jacket, dark shirt, gray pants, and a mask covering his face.
Police need the public’s help to solve this robbery.
If you know anything about this robbery of the Bayport Credit Union call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers are reminded that they may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court, and could be eligible for a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam