28 migrant workers wounded in shooting over wages in Greece
By Elinda Labropoulou
ATHENS (CNN) — Nearly 30 migrant workers in Nea Manolada, Greece, were wounded Wednesday after an apparent argument with their foremen over wages, police said Thursday.
“Police are looking for three Greek nationals aged 39, 27 and 21, who … fired against approximately 200 foreign workers, 28 of whom were injured as a result,” a police statement said.
The owner of the strawberry farm where the shooting occurred has been arrested.
Seven of the workers, who were mostly from Bangladesh, remained hospitalized Thursday, none in critical condition, according to police.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time