“The Little Feet Meet” event held at ODU
Norfolk, Va. – ODU’s Foreman Field was overrun on Tuesday for Norfolk Public Schools’ Special Olympics.
Hundreds of children came out for “The Little Feet Meet”.
The kids were paired with buddies from ODU as they played with hula hoops, participated in sack races, and more.
“We started off this program with four schools, 90 kids, and a recreation field. Now we’re at 270 kids, on Foreman Field and you see a lot of the smiles today because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity where they get to actually walk on Foreman Field with their mother, father, grandfather, friend, it really became a community event,” says teacher Patrick Doyle.
High school students with disabilities also volunteer at the event – helping with the activities.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury