“The Little Feet Meet” event held at ODU
Norfolk, Va. – ODU’s Foreman Field was overrun on Tuesday for Norfolk Public Schools’ Special Olympics.
Hundreds of children came out for “The Little Feet Meet”.
The kids were paired with buddies from ODU as they played with hula hoops, participated in sack races, and more.
“We started off this program with four schools, 90 kids, and a recreation field. Now we’re at 270 kids, on Foreman Field and you see a lot of the smiles today because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity where they get to actually walk on Foreman Field with their mother, father, grandfather, friend, it really became a community event,” says teacher Patrick Doyle.
High school students with disabilities also volunteer at the event – helping with the activities.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen