Dredging causes DMV mobile unit to open early this week in Ocracoke
Ocracoke Island, NC – The N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles’ mobile driver license unit that visits Ocracoke will open early on Friday, April 19.
The mobile unit’s hours for the day will be 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
The earlier hours are the result of the continued dredging between Hatteras and Ocracoke and will allow the unit to return to the mainland on the Swan Quarter ferry.
The unit’s normal hours begin at 10:15 a.m.
The unit will be located at its usual Ocracoke location on Highway 12 on April 19.
NCDMV mobile units take driver license services to remote areas of the state, offering original and renewal license issuance, written, sign and road testing.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend