UPDATE: Pedestrian hit on Interstate 664 South at I-64 intersection
UPDATE: 664 South in Hampton is now open along with the ramps from 64 East and West. There are no further delays after the two hour shutdown.
State police say a pedestrian was walking across the southbound lanes of I-664 when a 2006 Honda traveling southbound, attempted to change lanes and struck the pedestrian in the roadway.
The pedestrian has been identified as 44-year-old Jimmy Diggs or Newport News.
Nightingale transported the Diggs to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital where it was determined that he suffered minor injuries.
The driver of the Honda was not injured.
No charges were placed in the accident.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home