UPDATE: Pedestrian hit on Interstate 664 South at I-64 intersection
UPDATE: 664 South in Hampton is now open along with the ramps from 64 East and West. There are no further delays after the two hour shutdown.
State police say a pedestrian was walking across the southbound lanes of I-664 when a 2006 Honda traveling southbound, attempted to change lanes and struck the pedestrian in the roadway.
The pedestrian has been identified as 44-year-old Jimmy Diggs or Newport News.
Nightingale transported the Diggs to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital where it was determined that he suffered minor injuries.
The driver of the Honda was not injured.
No charges were placed in the accident.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam