Arrest made in connection with Norfolk shooting death
Update: Police have arrested Russel Stanley Holmes, 29 of the 3800 block of Atterbury Street. He has been charged with Shooting at an Occupied Vehicle and Discharging a Firearm within 1,000 Feet of a School.
The victim has been identified as 38 year-old Jackie Ray Carter of the 3800 block of Atterbury Street.
Police say Holmes is not being charged with the death of Carter at this time.
Norfolk, Va. – Police in Norfolk are investigating after a man was found shot to death around 8:30 p.m. at Kennon Avenue and Atterbury Street.
Units arrived on scene and found a man suffering from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
We’re told that the victim and another person were involved in a domestic related dispute which led to an exchange of gunfire between the two.
Officers say at some point the victim apparently turned his gun on himself.
The second person is in custody and is facing charges unrelated to the death.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales