Police investigate shooting in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – One man is in the hospital after being shot by another man in Newport News.
Police say the shooting happened Friday night just after 9 p.m. near the intersection of 30th Street and Madison Avenue.
We’re told the victim, a 22-year-old man, was shot in the back and rushed to a local hospital. It doesn’t appear that his injuries are life threatening.
Police are interviewing witnesses, but no one has been arrested.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!