Man charged with making bomb threat near White House
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — A Pennsylvania man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of making a bomb threat near the White House, according to the Secret Service and Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department.
Krzysztof Wasik, 44, of Hazel Township, Pennsylvania, walked up to a White House gate Wednesday morning and told guards he had a bomb in his vehicle that was set to explode, police said.
The city’s bomb disposal squad searched a truck nearby, but no hazardous materials were found, police said.
Wasik was charged with felony threats, police said.
CNN’s Paul Courson and Alex Mooney contributed to this report.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'