Man charged with making bomb threat near White House
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — A Pennsylvania man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of making a bomb threat near the White House, according to the Secret Service and Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department.
Krzysztof Wasik, 44, of Hazel Township, Pennsylvania, walked up to a White House gate Wednesday morning and told guards he had a bomb in his vehicle that was set to explode, police said.
The city’s bomb disposal squad searched a truck nearby, but no hazardous materials were found, police said.
Wasik was charged with felony threats, police said.
CNN’s Paul Courson and Alex Mooney contributed to this report.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth