Man charged with making bomb threat near White House
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — A Pennsylvania man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of making a bomb threat near the White House, according to the Secret Service and Washington’s Metropolitan Police Department.
Krzysztof Wasik, 44, of Hazel Township, Pennsylvania, walked up to a White House gate Wednesday morning and told guards he had a bomb in his vehicle that was set to explode, police said.
The city’s bomb disposal squad searched a truck nearby, but no hazardous materials were found, police said.
Wasik was charged with felony threats, police said.
CNN’s Paul Courson and Alex Mooney contributed to this report.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time