Airman dies in Afghanistan
An airman has died this week while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Captain James Michael Steel of Tampa, Florida died on Wednesday in a F-16 crash in Afghanistan.
It happened near the Bagram Airfield.
He was assigned to the 77th fighter squadron at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home