Airman dies in Afghanistan
An airman has died this week while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Captain James Michael Steel of Tampa, Florida died on Wednesday in a F-16 crash in Afghanistan.
It happened near the Bagram Airfield.
He was assigned to the 77th fighter squadron at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call