Airman dies in Afghanistan
An airman has died this week while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Captain James Michael Steel of Tampa, Florida died on Wednesday in a F-16 crash in Afghanistan.
It happened near the Bagram Airfield.
He was assigned to the 77th fighter squadron at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested