Update: Man charged with 2nd-degree murder in connection to Newport News homicide
UPDATE: Police are now investigating after a man was found dead inside of a home on Tuesday. The death investigation is now considered a homicide.
Elter Devale Ward has been charged with 2nd degree murder.
Newport News, Va. – A man was found dead inside of a home in Newport News on Tuesday morning and now his roommate is being accused in the murder.
Elter Ward, 54, has been charged with 2nd degree murder in connection to the death of 58-year-old Kenneth Armstead.
Police say Ward and Armstead were arguing when things got out of hand. They both lived in the same rooming house in the 600 block of 27th Street.
When police arrived, they found Armstead suffering from trauma to the head. He was pronounced dead at 7:56 a.m.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen