Two victims killed in wrong-way crash on I-85 identified
Brunswick County, N.C. – Five people died after a wrong-way crash early Tuesday morning.
Two of the victims have now been identified as Davindra Jailall, 32, and Krishna Maniram, 51.
Officials have not yet identified the others.
On Tuesday, April 2, at approximately 5:42 a.m., Virginia State Police received a call of a wrong way driver traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of Interstate 85, in Brunswick County.
The vehicle struck another vehicle head on before troopers were able to respond.
A 2006 Honda pickup truck (Ridgeline) was traveling northbound I-85 in the southbound lanes when it struck a 2011 Toyota Corolla.
The driver of the Honda died on impact, police say. The driver and three passengers of the Toyota Corolla also died upon impact.
It is unknown if alcohol or any other factors have contributed to the cause of the accident.
Check back on WTKR.com for updates as they are available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9