Video: Kevin Ware recovering after horrific injury
INDIANAPOLIS – University of Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware underwent successful surgery on his broken leg, according to a report on indychannel.com.
Ware broke his leg in a game against Duke University on Sunday in Indianapolis. The gruesome injury was seen not only by coaches, teammates and fans attending the game, but by millions of people watching the Elite Eight matchup live on television.
Following Sunday’s surgery, Louisville coach Rick Pitino reportedly brought the team’s regional championship trophy to Ware’s hospital bed. A picture of Ware and the trophy was posted to an Instagram account that appears to be associated with Ware’s teammate Peyton Siva.
Kenny Klein tweeted out two pictures of Ware today.
Louisville next plays Witchita State on Saturday in the Final Four.
WARNING: Graphic Video
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom