Video: Kevin Ware recovering after horrific injury
INDIANAPOLIS – University of Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware underwent successful surgery on his broken leg, according to a report on indychannel.com.
Ware broke his leg in a game against Duke University on Sunday in Indianapolis. The gruesome injury was seen not only by coaches, teammates and fans attending the game, but by millions of people watching the Elite Eight matchup live on television.
Following Sunday’s surgery, Louisville coach Rick Pitino reportedly brought the team’s regional championship trophy to Ware’s hospital bed. A picture of Ware and the trophy was posted to an Instagram account that appears to be associated with Ware’s teammate Peyton Siva.
Kenny Klein tweeted out two pictures of Ware today.
Louisville next plays Witchita State on Saturday in the Final Four.
WARNING: Graphic Video
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury