Man dies in car crash on First Colonial Road
Beach emergency teams received the call on Friday, March 29 at approximately 7:24 a.m. Crews responded to the 1100 block of First Colonial Road.
The victim was driving a 1999 Toyota Camry, traveling eastbound on Old Donation Parkway. Police say he did not stop for the red traffic light. The victim struck a 2006 Honda Odyssey that was traveling north on First Colonial Road. Both drivers were transported to a nearby hospital where the driver of the Camry died. The driver of the Odyssey was treated for minor injuries.
The victim has been identified as 62-year-old Henryco Chavez of the 3500 block of Light Horse Loop in Virginia Beach.
Neither speed nor alcohol appear to be factors in this crash, police say.
Both drivers were wearing their seatbelts.
This case remains under investigation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates in our newscasts.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam