Gilmerton Bridge to remain open Sunday evening for Easter holiday travel
Chesapeake, Va. – VDOT will suspend its Sunday weeknight closure on the Gilmerton Bridge (Route 13/Military Highway) on Mar. 31, 2013, to accommodate Easter holiday travelers.
On Monday, Apr. 1, 2013, the Gilmerton Bridge will resume its recurring weeknight closure which is Sunday through Thursday, closing each night at 8 p.m. and reopening each morning by 5 a.m.
During the weeknight closures, motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge as the preferred alternate route. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
General information about the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project can be found at http://www.GilmertonBridge.org.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales