“Fan Caves” to support Portsmouth Invitational Tournament
A shiatsu chair that massages your legs while you relax. Portable bars so favorite beverages are close at hand for you and your guests. A pop-up table and sofa upholstery impervious to pizza stains to make dining in front of the TV a breeze. Televisions tuned non-stop to live sports.
This and more are all part of three “Fan Caves” created for the public to enjoy in each Haynes Furniture store in honor of March basketball. The Fan Caves are designed to give the public ideas on how to create enjoyable home-theater spaces with the latest features.
The Fan Cave project supports the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament Foundation and its mission of awarding scholarships to student athletes. Haynes, a sponsor of this year’s P.I.T., will be giving away tournament tickets as part of the festivities in the Fan Caves.
“We invite basketball fans to join us in the Fan Caves to sit back, put their feet up and watch the games,” said E.J. Strelitz, president of Haynes.
The Fan Caves are open during Haynes’ store hours.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified