Beach man pleads guilty to second-degree murder
Virginia Beach, Va. – On Monday, Aremis Pulley pleaded guilty to killing Leon Thornton, a young Norfolk man.
Pulley could spend 25 years in prison for confessing to second-degree murder and other charges.
In November of 2011, Pulley and another man broke into Thornton’s Wyoming Avenue apartment.
Thornton’s sister was home at the time, and she told NewsChannel 3 she wrestled with the shooter to get his gun.
Thornton died at the hospital, but not before revealing who shot him.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'