Beach man pleads guilty to second-degree murder
Virginia Beach, Va. – On Monday, Aremis Pulley pleaded guilty to killing Leon Thornton, a young Norfolk man.
Pulley could spend 25 years in prison for confessing to second-degree murder and other charges.
In November of 2011, Pulley and another man broke into Thornton’s Wyoming Avenue apartment.
Thornton’s sister was home at the time, and she told NewsChannel 3 she wrestled with the shooter to get his gun.
Thornton died at the hospital, but not before revealing who shot him.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly