Suspicious fires in Newsome Park Apartments leave six homeless
Newport news, Va – Fires in vacant apartments spread to occupied apartments, leaving six people displaced Sunday morning, fire officials say.
Fire crews were called to an apartment building on Rochester Court, near 48th Street in the Newsome Park area of Newport News shortly before 8:00am.
Officials say the fire has been ruled suspicious, and four units have been condemned.
This fire is under investigation by the Newport News Fire Marshall’s Office, as well as another fire that happened in the same complex around 8:30pm Saturday night.
One firefighter sustained a minor injury, and was treated and released at the scene.
That fire was in a vacant apartment as well, on Baughman Court.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's