Suspicious fires in Newsome Park Apartments leave six homeless
Newport news, Va – Fires in vacant apartments spread to occupied apartments, leaving six people displaced Sunday morning, fire officials say.
Fire crews were called to an apartment building on Rochester Court, near 48th Street in the Newsome Park area of Newport News shortly before 8:00am.
Officials say the fire has been ruled suspicious, and four units have been condemned.
This fire is under investigation by the Newport News Fire Marshall’s Office, as well as another fire that happened in the same complex around 8:30pm Saturday night.
One firefighter sustained a minor injury, and was treated and released at the scene.
That fire was in a vacant apartment as well, on Baughman Court.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales