Update: Teen arrested for murder at Newport News house party
Update: A 17-year-old has been arrested and charged with murder in connection to the homicide that occurred Friday night at a house party in Newport News.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police now have a teen in custody who has been accused of shooting and killing a man at a house party on Friday night.
The shooting occurred on Clearbrook Road near Ridgeview Drive.
The victim was identified as Donteous Trayvon McEachern who lived on Forester Circle in Newport News.
A fight broke out between the two teens and a woman at the party around 11:15 police say. During the fight, shots were fired and 19-year-old McEachern was shot in the chest. He managed to make his way outside of the house where he then collapsed.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The teen accused has been charged with murder, use of a firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and underage possession of a firearm.
Anyone with information about this homicide is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom