Update: Missing Newport News woman found safe
Amy Michelle Olmstead Ostrom
Update: Amy Ostrom, the woman once missing woman in Newport News, has now been found safe. She returned to her home unharmed on Friday police say.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News Police are asking for help finding a missing and endangered woman who was last seen at approximately 11:00 a.m. on Friday in the area of Patricia Drive.
36-year-old Amy Michelle Olmstead Ostrom was reported missing by a family member.
Mrs. Ostrom is 5’9” tall, weighing about 160 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She has made threats to hurt herself and is driving a 2008 silver Nissan Altima with Virginia tags AMOKKO.
Anyone having information on the whereabouts of Mrs. Ostrom is asked to call Police Communications at (757) 247-2500.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified