Five people honored Thursday night with a humanitarian award
Norfolk, Va. – Hampton Roads honored some people taking action in the community Thursday night.
The Virginia Center for Inclusive Communities held an awards dinner in downtown Norfolk.
Our own Juliet Bickford was the MC for the evening.
The event honored five people with the 2013 Tidewater Humanitarian Award. These leaders were recognized for promoting the center’s goal of inclusion through meaningful programs.
The center has resources and programs available to help promote inclusion in our schools and workplaces.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video