Virginia Aquarium among 33 finalists for national award
Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
Virginia Beach, Va. – The Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center is among 33 finalists for the 2013 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, according to the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
The National Medal is the nation’s highest honor conferred on museums and libraries for service to the community and celebrates institutions that make a difference for individuals, families, and communities.
Medal finalists are selected from nationwide nominations of institutions that demonstrate innovative approaches to public service, exceeding the expected levels of community outreach, officials say.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains