Path of Remembrance Holocaust Memorial 20th anniversary
Newport News, Va. – A re-dedication ceremony was held for the Path of Remembrance Holocaust Memorial at Huntington Park.
This was the memorial’s 20th anniversary. It was installed by the United Jewish Community of the Virginia Peninsula.
Its centerpiece is the Hope Statue, which was designed by a woman who survived a concentration camp and emigrated to the United States in 1986. Last fall, local boy scout Alex Finneran decided to do some work around the memorial for his Eagle Scout project.
The Boy Scouts cleaned and stained the deck and added a landscape seating area.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified