Update: Man accused of killing wife in Chesapeake is ruled incompetent to stand trial
Update: Benjamin Johnson was ruled incompetent for now to stand trial. Stay with NewsChannel 3 as additional updates will be posted as they are available.
Chesapeake, Va. – A man is on trial in Chesapeake, accused of killing his wife.
Benjamin Johnson is accused of stabbing his wife to death in 2010.
According to filed court documents, Johnson claimed “he was insane” when police say he stabbed his wife, Marcia, to death.
NewsChannel 3 spoke to Johnson and asked him directly – “Did you stab your wife?”
Witnesses say they saw Johnson get into his car – naked – and run down his wife outside of their Chesapeake home.
They say he got out of the car and stabbed her while her daughter watched.
Johnson pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize