Body, explosive devices found in University of Central Florida dorm
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — Authorities found a body and a bag of improvised explosive devices in a dormitory tower at the University of Central Florida early Monday, prompting officials to cancel classes at the Orlando school until at least noon, a school spokesman said.
Police went to the dorm after getting a call about a person with a gun. Hundreds of students were evacuated from the tower, and police found a male dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in a bedroom, school spokesman Grant Heston said.
Police also found an assault weapon and a bag of improvised explosive devices there, Heston said. The FBI has been contacted, he said.
Heston didn’t say whether the dead person was a student, or release a name.
CNN’s Marlena Baldacci contributed to this report.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize