Report: Philadelphia Archbishop allows girls to play football
PHILADELPHIA (WTKR) — An 11-year-old girl near Philadelphia won her crusade to play football for a Catholic Youth Organization team, after the city’s archbishop reversed a boys-only rule. That’s according to a report from CBS Philly.
Caroline Pla has played organized football since kindergarten, but was told last fall the no-girls rule would be enforced in her Bucks County league. She petitioned the archdiocese, leading to Thursday’s decision from Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, according to reports.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship