Report: Philadelphia Archbishop allows girls to play football
PHILADELPHIA (WTKR) — An 11-year-old girl near Philadelphia won her crusade to play football for a Catholic Youth Organization team, after the city’s archbishop reversed a boys-only rule. That’s according to a report from CBS Philly.
Caroline Pla has played organized football since kindergarten, but was told last fall the no-girls rule would be enforced in her Bucks County league. She petitioned the archdiocese, leading to Thursday’s decision from Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, according to reports.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars