Report: Philadelphia Archbishop allows girls to play football
PHILADELPHIA (WTKR) — An 11-year-old girl near Philadelphia won her crusade to play football for a Catholic Youth Organization team, after the city’s archbishop reversed a boys-only rule. That’s according to a report from CBS Philly.
Caroline Pla has played organized football since kindergarten, but was told last fall the no-girls rule would be enforced in her Bucks County league. She petitioned the archdiocese, leading to Thursday’s decision from Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, according to reports.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations