Teen dies after crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 19-year-old man has died from injuries he received in a vehicle crash Wednesday morning.
Police say the driver, Ian McDonald, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen on Blackwater Road near W. Gibbs Road when he went off road and hit a tree.
McDonald was not wearing a seatbelt, but he did not get ejected from the car. He was airlifted to a local hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains