Teen dies after crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 19-year-old man has died from injuries he received in a vehicle crash Wednesday morning.
Police say the driver, Ian McDonald, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen on Blackwater Road near W. Gibbs Road when he went off road and hit a tree.
McDonald was not wearing a seatbelt, but he did not get ejected from the car. He was airlifted to a local hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen