Teen dies after crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 19-year-old man has died from injuries he received in a vehicle crash Wednesday morning.
Police say the driver, Ian McDonald, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen on Blackwater Road near W. Gibbs Road when he went off road and hit a tree.
McDonald was not wearing a seatbelt, but he did not get ejected from the car. He was airlifted to a local hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket