Teen dies after crash in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – A 19-year-old man has died from injuries he received in a vehicle crash Wednesday morning.
Police say the driver, Ian McDonald, was driving a 2007 Volkswagen on Blackwater Road near W. Gibbs Road when he went off road and hit a tree.
McDonald was not wearing a seatbelt, but he did not get ejected from the car. He was airlifted to a local hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found