Another building burns in Onancock, arson suspected
Onancock, Va. – Police say arson is suspected in another Eastern Shore fire Wednesday night.
Officials say the blaze was located in the 22000 block of Bayside Road in Onancock, Virginia.
No injuries were reported. Police say based on preliminary investigations, arson is suspected. Over 60 arsons have been reported on the Eastern Shore since mid-November.
The Virginia State Police urge the public to come forward with any information that can assist in solving the arsons on the Eastern Shore.
The $25,000 reward is still available for information that leads to an arrest and conviction in the arson fires. The reward has been made available through funds committed by the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office and International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI).
In Virginia, state law declares the burning of a structure – an unoccupied dwelling – as a Class 4 Felony. A Class 4 Felony carries a maximum penalty of up to 10 years in jail and a fine of up to $100,000.
Residents can report suspicious activity to the Accomack County Tip Line via text, phone or email at 757-655-1437.
- Reward for tips leading to arrest of Eastern Shore arsonist increased to $25,000
- Two weekend fires in Accomack confirmed arson
- Complete list of Eastern Shore arsons
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom