Update: Police identify woman killed in Norfolk vehicle crash
Update: Norfolk police have identified the woman who died as a result of a traffic accident on Wednesday as 25-year-old Amber Rose Fayette Lewis. Additional updates will provided as they are available.
Norfolk, Va. – A woman has died as a result of a vehicle crash, Norfolk police tell NewsChannel 3.
It happened at 11 a.m. in the 5700 block of Chesapeake Boulevard.
According to police, a vehicle with three adults inside was heading southbound when a van pulled out onto Chesapeake Boulevard, hitting the vehicle.
Police say the first vehicle veered into the median and flipped several times – a woman was reportedly thrown from the vehicle.
The woman was transported to a local hospital, where she was later pronounced deceased.
A man driving the vehicle and another man were transported to the hospital but they are expected to be okay.
Speed is a possible factor. The case is still being investigated.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery