Currituck County High School evacuated due to threat, now cleared by deputies
Currituck County, NC–Currituck County High School was evacuated as a precaution fon Wednesday afternoon due to a threat made against the building officials say.
According to a press release, the threat was non-specific and the facility was evacuated for 40 minutes.
Parents were notified.
Deputies conducted a sweep of the building and it was cleared at around 3:05 p.m.
Students were then released.
Officials are still investigating.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize