Wife of officer accused of perjury in Newport News says husband is innocent
Newport News police officer Scott Mounger faced a judge today. Mounger is accused of lying while under oath.
Investigator Jessica Larche spoke to Mounger’s wife about the charges.
“When everything comes out, it’ll be very interesting. That’s all I have to say,” says the officer’s wife.
She says Mounger is no criminal.
NewsChannel 3 obtained indictments saying Mounger filed a false police report on August 9th of 2012.
The other indictment says he committed perjury on November 13th of last year.
Police say there were discrepancies during his testimony in one of his DUI cases.
Newport News police say Mounger has set records for DUI arrests since he signed on with the department in 2005. He made 60 DUI arrests in 2007 alone.
Mounger is on administrative leave without pay. While his wife believes he’s innocent, she says the controversy has put an end to his career.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected