Report: Processed meat ‘early death’ link
Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Health.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early deaths.
The report says the researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket