Report: Processed meat ‘early death’ link
Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Health.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early deaths.
The report says the researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million