Report: Processed meat ‘early death’ link
Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Health.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early deaths.
The report says the researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave