Report: Processed meat ‘early death’ link
Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Health.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early deaths.
The report says the researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Update: Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'