Report: Processed meat ‘early death’ link
Sausages, ham, bacon and other processed meats appear to increase the risk of dying young, a study of half a million people across Europe suggests. That’s according to a report from BBC News Health.
It concluded diets high in processed meats were linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer, and early deaths.
The report says the researchers, writing in the journal BMC Medicine, said salt and chemicals used to preserve the meat may damage health.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Suffolk mom sentenced to month in jail after mooning bus full of kids
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'