North Carolina man faces charges in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – A North Carolina man is now charged in a dispute that ended in a shooting, police tell NewsChannel 3.
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 police responded to the 50th block of King George Quay in reference to an injured person.
Officers arrived on scene and met with the shooting suspect – who claimed he shot the victim after an altercation.
Police then met with the victim. The victim told police that he was involved in an altercation, but could not say at the time who shot him.
The 33-year-old victim was treated and released at the scene, police tell NewsChannel 3.
28-year-old Michael Coakley, of the 100 block of Dock Landing Place in South Mills, North Carolina, is charged with Unlawful Wounding.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'