North Carolina man faces charges in Chesapeake shooting
Chesapeake, Va. – A North Carolina man is now charged in a dispute that ended in a shooting, police tell NewsChannel 3.
On Sunday, March 10, 2013 police responded to the 50th block of King George Quay in reference to an injured person.
Officers arrived on scene and met with the shooting suspect – who claimed he shot the victim after an altercation.
Police then met with the victim. The victim told police that he was involved in an altercation, but could not say at the time who shot him.
The 33-year-old victim was treated and released at the scene, police tell NewsChannel 3.
28-year-old Michael Coakley, of the 100 block of Dock Landing Place in South Mills, North Carolina, is charged with Unlawful Wounding.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are available.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen