Police searching for suspect in Hampton homicide
Jerrell Marquise Speller
Update: Hampton police say the investigation has revealed that Moses was visiting an acquaintance on Saint George Way. When he entered the apartment he was shot by Speller. The motive is unknown. Speller is being sought for several different warrants including murder. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police have identified a suspect in a deadly shooting that happened Sunday morning at the King Street Commons apartment complex in Hampton.
23-year-old Jerrell Marquise Speller of Hampton is wanted on one count of murder, one count of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, three counts of discharging a firearm inside a residence and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Police say Speller allegedly shot 22-year-old Christopher Allen Moses of Newport News in one of the apartments shortly after 11am on Sunday.
Moses was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone with information on Speller’s location is asked to call the Hampton Police at 727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK -U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam