Police searching for suspect in Hampton homicide
Jerrell Marquise Speller
Update: Hampton police say the investigation has revealed that Moses was visiting an acquaintance on Saint George Way. When he entered the apartment he was shot by Speller. The motive is unknown. Speller is being sought for several different warrants including murder. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police have identified a suspect in a deadly shooting that happened Sunday morning at the King Street Commons apartment complex in Hampton.
23-year-old Jerrell Marquise Speller of Hampton is wanted on one count of murder, one count of use of a firearm in commission of a felony, three counts of discharging a firearm inside a residence and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Police say Speller allegedly shot 22-year-old Christopher Allen Moses of Newport News in one of the apartments shortly after 11am on Sunday.
Moses was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone with information on Speller’s location is asked to call the Hampton Police at 727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK -U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend