Additional Ferry Departures to Start Monday Between Ocracoke and Swan Quarter
Mann’s Harbor, N.C. – The N.C. Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division on Monday will begin operating one additional departure on each direction of the Ocracoke – Swan Quarter ferry route to aid travelers affected by the closures of N.C. 12 due to ocean overwash.
The following additional departures will continue daily until normal conditions resume on N.C. 12:
- · From Ocracoke to Swan Quarter at 10 a.m.
- · From Swan Quarter to Ocracoke at 1 p.m.
Ferries will also continue to depart at the following regularly scheduled times:
- · From Ocracoke to Swan Quarter at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- · From Swan Quarter to Ocracoke at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The division will continue to monitor traffic demands and additional runs may be added as necessary.
Travelers can call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS