Crime Line tip leads to arrest of Bayport Federal Credit Union robbery suspect
Gideon Robell Kambae
Thanks to a Crime Line tip and an ongoing investigation, a man accused of robbing the Bayport Federal Credit Union on 8000 Marshall Ave. is behind bars. Police say the robbery occurred on February 13th.
The suspect has now been identified as 29-year-old Gideon Robell Kambae. He was arrested and charged with one count of robbery.
Kambae is accused of going into the Bayport Federal Credit Union on February 13 at 5:18 p.m. and passing a note to a teller demanding cash. Police say no weapon was displayed but the note that was passed indicated that he was armed. After getting the cash, police say Kambae then ran away toward the Hardees restaurant.
Kambae is now in the custody of the Newport News City Jail, on no bond.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel