Crime Line tip leads to arrest of Bayport Federal Credit Union robbery suspect
Gideon Robell Kambae
Thanks to a Crime Line tip and an ongoing investigation, a man accused of robbing the Bayport Federal Credit Union on 8000 Marshall Ave. is behind bars. Police say the robbery occurred on February 13th.
The suspect has now been identified as 29-year-old Gideon Robell Kambae. He was arrested and charged with one count of robbery.
Kambae is accused of going into the Bayport Federal Credit Union on February 13 at 5:18 p.m. and passing a note to a teller demanding cash. Police say no weapon was displayed but the note that was passed indicated that he was armed. After getting the cash, police say Kambae then ran away toward the Hardees restaurant.
Kambae is now in the custody of the Newport News City Jail, on no bond.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen