Crime Line tip leads to arrest of Bayport Federal Credit Union robbery suspect
Gideon Robell Kambae
Thanks to a Crime Line tip and an ongoing investigation, a man accused of robbing the Bayport Federal Credit Union on 8000 Marshall Ave. is behind bars. Police say the robbery occurred on February 13th.
The suspect has now been identified as 29-year-old Gideon Robell Kambae. He was arrested and charged with one count of robbery.
Kambae is accused of going into the Bayport Federal Credit Union on February 13 at 5:18 p.m. and passing a note to a teller demanding cash. Police say no weapon was displayed but the note that was passed indicated that he was armed. After getting the cash, police say Kambae then ran away toward the Hardees restaurant.
Kambae is now in the custody of the Newport News City Jail, on no bond.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam