Boat filled with $1 million worth of marijuana washes ashore near Air Force Base
A boat filled with $1 million worth of marijuana washes ashore near an air force base.
Personnel with Vandenberg Air Force Base in California found a 20-foot aluminum boat and several trash bags just on the other side of the base’s fence.
Soon they discovered – the bags were full of pot.
At first – officers worried that those responsible were going to come back to try to get the drugs.
“We are looking for any potential suspects. There were no weapons found, there were no personnel found and we have determined there is no threat to the base or local community.”
The Department of Homeland Security is now taking over the investigation.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head