Update: NC ferry schedule changes
Manns Harbor – The N.C. Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division determined travel on the Hatteras-Ocracoke, Cherry Branch-Minnesott Beach and Pamlico River can return to their normal schedule Thursday morning.
The strong winds that hit the North Carolina coast on Wednesday caused the cancellation of 14 runs of the Cherry Branch-Minnesott route, and the suspension of service on the Pamlico River route.
Because stormy conditions remain in the area this morning, there still could be changes for other routes.
Travelers who have reservations or plans to use ferry routes are advised to check with the departure terminal for up-to-date information.
The phone numbers are:
• Ocracoke – (252) 928-1665
• Cedar Island – (252) 225-7411
• Swan Quarter – (252) 926-6021
• Hatteras – (252) 986-2353
• Cherry Branch – (252) 447-1055
• Southport – (910) 457-6942
• Fort Fisher – (910) 458-3329
• Bayview-Aurora – (252) 964-4521
• Currituck-Knotts Island – (252) 232-2683
Travelers can also call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to http://www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize