100 Fort Story soldiers deploy to Kuwait
Virginia Beach, Va. – Fort Story soldiers are now headed overseas.
Thursday morning, about 100 soldiers from the Virginia Beach base deployed to Kuwait.
They will be supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
The soldiers’ priority while they’re there is to provide medical support for other forces.
And they say they’re happy to do it.
“I think they’re very special. I think they’re dedicated people. To give up so much of your time, and to choose to serve on a part-time basis – and to drop everything at the last minute, and to be separated from their families to support your country. That’s something I’m at a loss for words for. They’re very special people,” says Captain Tamela Mitchenor, Fort Story.
The soldiers with Detachment 19, Alpha Company, 48th Combat Support Hospital are set to come home in nine months.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery