Man arrested in Williamsburg chemical bomb explosion
Williamsburg, Va. – Police have arrested a man in a chemical bomb explosion near a building, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
On Tuesday, shortly before 8 p.m,. Williamsburg police responded to the 400 block of Merrimac Trail along with Williamsburg Fire Department for a reported explosion with smoke.
When fire and police arrived on scene, they discovered a chemical or bottle bomb that had exploded outside of the building.
After investigating, police say 26-year-old Casey Shanholtz of James City County was arrested and charged with Manufacture and Possession of an explosive device.
Shanholtz was transported to the Virginia Regional Jail where he was held without bond.
No one was injured during the incident.
Be sure to watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder