James City County Police to offer firearm safety class
James City County, Va. – The James City County Police Department will offer a free firearm safety class for adults on March 19 and April 9 from 7-9 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center, 4600 Opportunity Way.
The class will cover basic safety, handling and storage but will not include hands-on training. Personal firearms should be left at home in a secure location.
Pre-registration is required and class size is limited. Call MPO McDowell at 757-603-6026 to register.
Grant funding received from the National Rifle Association Foundation and Project ChildSafe was used to purchase class materials and gunlocks.
Free gunlocks are available at the class or by calling Sergeant Steve Humphries at 757-603-6022.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen