James City County Police to offer firearm safety class
James City County, Va. – The James City County Police Department will offer a free firearm safety class for adults on March 19 and April 9 from 7-9 p.m. at the Law Enforcement Center, 4600 Opportunity Way.
The class will cover basic safety, handling and storage but will not include hands-on training. Personal firearms should be left at home in a secure location.
Pre-registration is required and class size is limited. Call MPO McDowell at 757-603-6026 to register.
Grant funding received from the National Rifle Association Foundation and Project ChildSafe was used to purchase class materials and gunlocks.
Free gunlocks are available at the class or by calling Sergeant Steve Humphries at 757-603-6022.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket