Elizabeth City Police respond to bomb threat at several McDonald’s restaurants
Elizabeth City, N.C. – Elizabeth On Wednesday evening, Elizabeth City Police responded to a bomb threat at all three McDonald’s restaurants.
An employee of Tandem Inc, McDonalds Restaurants, contacted the Elizabeth City Police Department shortly after 4 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon and advised of a phoned in bomb threat.
Emergency crews evacuated all three Elizabeth City locations and set up a perimeter, awaiting a bomb dog from Currituck County Sheriffs Office to respond and assist with searches.
Twelve of Tandems fifteen locations were closed due to the threat.
Stores in Manteo, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Grandy, Currituck, Elizabeth City, Hertford, Ahoskie and Murfreesboro were all at least temporarily closed and several of the restaurants were closed until bomb dogs could be utilized.
All locations were turned over to management by 7:30 pm and business resumed at that time.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize