Teen accidentally shot in Southampton Co.
Southampton Co., Va. – An investigation is ongoing after a teen was accidentally shot in Southampton County, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
On Monday, March 4 at 6:10 p.m., the Southampton County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a shooting victim being transported to the Courtland Rescue building on Bridge Street.
Deputies responded, and found a 17-year-old male victim with gunshot injuries to the abdomen and the arm.
Courtland Rescue treated the victim; he was airlifted to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment.
Deputies were able to determine the incident happened in the Sebrell area of the county near Old Hickory Road. The incident is currently under investigation.
Officials say the teen is no longer in intensive care. At this time, the shooting appears to be accidental. A family member was involved in the incident, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize