Teen accidentally shot in Southampton Co.
Southampton Co., Va. – An investigation is ongoing after a teen was accidentally shot in Southampton County, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
On Monday, March 4 at 6:10 p.m., the Southampton County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a shooting victim being transported to the Courtland Rescue building on Bridge Street.
Deputies responded, and found a 17-year-old male victim with gunshot injuries to the abdomen and the arm.
Courtland Rescue treated the victim; he was airlifted to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for treatment.
Deputies were able to determine the incident happened in the Sebrell area of the county near Old Hickory Road. The incident is currently under investigation.
Officials say the teen is no longer in intensive care. At this time, the shooting appears to be accidental. A family member was involved in the incident, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson