Surry power station to test emergency alert sirens next week
Officials will be testing the emergency alert siren system around the Surry Power Station Wednesday, March 13, at approximately 11:10 a.m.
They say a steady three-minute tone will be sounded by 71 sirens in Williamsburg, Newport News and the counties of Surry, James City, York and Isle of Wight.
The sirens are located within a 10-mile radius of the plant.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket