Surry power station to test emergency alert sirens next week
Officials will be testing the emergency alert siren system around the Surry Power Station Wednesday, March 13, at approximately 11:10 a.m.
They say a steady three-minute tone will be sounded by 71 sirens in Williamsburg, Newport News and the counties of Surry, James City, York and Isle of Wight.
The sirens are located within a 10-mile radius of the plant.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'