Surry power station to test emergency alert sirens next week
Officials will be testing the emergency alert siren system around the Surry Power Station Wednesday, March 13, at approximately 11:10 a.m.
They say a steady three-minute tone will be sounded by 71 sirens in Williamsburg, Newport News and the counties of Surry, James City, York and Isle of Wight.
The sirens are located within a 10-mile radius of the plant.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery