Alert: Voluntary cereal recall
Carlisle, PA – GIANT Food Stores, LLC and MARTIN’S Food Markets, has announced it has removed several varieties of Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals from store shelves, due to undeclared almond, an allergen, on the ingredient label.
This comes after the recall by Food for Life Baking Company.
The following products are included in this recall:
• Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal – Original, 16 oz, UPC 073472002550, lot numbers M3232,
M3313, M3512 and M3565
• Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal – Golden Flax, 16 oz, UPC 073472002568, lot numbers
M3253, M3309, M3414, M3439, M3523, N0068 and N0165
• Ezekiel 4:9 Cereal – Cinnamon Raisin, 16 oz, UPC 073472002574, lot numbers
M3232, M3313, M3328, M3425, M3512, M3527, M3537, N0045 and N0132
According to a press release, GIANT/MARTIN’S has received no reports of illnesses to date, but people who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to almonds may run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
These products are safe to consume for individuals who do not suffer from an almond allergy.
Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions or bring their purchase receipt to GIANT/MARTIN’S for a full refund.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million